Dr Dhruva Krishnan is the Medical Director at Health City Cayman Islands, where he also serves as a Senior Consultant and HOD of Anaesthesiology & Intensive Care. A highly qualified and experienced anaesthesiologist, Dr Dhruva has held numerous roles in cardiac anaesthesiology at prestigious healthcare facilities in India and the United Kingdom (UK).
He completed his medical training with a Fellowship in Cardiac Anaesthesia, followed by an Advanced Fellowship in Cardiothoracic Transplant Anaesthesiology at Freeman Hospital in the UK.
His areas of focus include:
- Cardiac Anesthesia – Adult and Pediatric Perioperative Management of all Types of Complex Congenital Open and
Closed Heart Procedures
- Perioperative Management of all Types of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeries
- Thoracic Anaesthesia – One-Lung Ventilation and Thoracic Epidural
- Transoesophageal Echocardiography
- Trained Instructor for American Heart Association’s Life Support Courses – BLS/ACLS
- Extra-Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO)
- Perioperative Management of Joint Replacements and Arthroscopic Surgeries
- Ultrasound-Guided Peripheral Nerve Blocks
Dr Dhruva has various professional affiliations with Karnataka Medical Council, the Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists, the Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Anaesthesiologists, the General Medical Council (UK), Cayman Islands Medical & Dental Council, and the Bahamas Medical Council. He has lectured in anaesthesiology at the graduate and postgraduate levels and remains passionate about teaching, aiming to evolve as a good teacher.
Widely regarded as an exceptional leader, his contagious calmness helps to relieve patient anxiety and inspires his multidisciplinary team to achieve successful outcomes.