The Cayman Islands Psychological Association is committed to developing a strong foundation for the field of psychology in the Cayman Islands.
- To utilise the study and application of psychology to make a positive impact on critical social issues
- To increase our communities understanding of, regard for, use of and access to psychology
- To ensure and support the highest standard of psychological practice, through ethical, evidence-based and culturally informed care
- To provide professional development and training opportunities for current and future practitioners
- To develop a local psychological knowledge base through relevant research and collaboration with the wider Caribbean region
Our logo represents important symbols of our country and our field. The navy blue reflects the integrity of our flag. The circular thatch rope encompasses our culture, heritage, and strength of our community. The three blue stars honour our three islands and our connection to the sea. The green Psi symbol represents the growth and emergence of psychology in the Cayman Islands.
- Ethical clinical practice
- Diversity and cultural competency
- Lifelong professional learning
- Advancement of psychological science
- Collegial support